Health Counseling and Therapy Services at
We hope you find what you are looking for here. This site has several blog posts, informative pages on mental health topics, and downloadable content to help you. If you find that you want a skilled and compassionate counselor/therapist to work with, please give us a call, send an email, or use our contact page to get in touch. We can usually get an appointment set for you within the same week. Our counselors help with many issues, and the areas we specialize in are listed below.
Hours - Fees - Insurance - Therapeutic Approach
Marriage Counseling, Couples Counseling
- relationship counseling may be marriage counseling, marital counseling, couples counseling, pre-marital counseling, or working with individuals who are having relationship issues. We support couples and individuals by helping them to overcome betrayal and trust problems, strengthen communication skills, build conflict resolution skills, build intimacy, and much more.
Weight Loss Counseling
- weight loss counseling (we use a variety of strategies such as cognitive behavioral therapy, EMDR therapy, and brief solution-focused therapy). These therapies are evidence-based therapy techniques that yield results according to a great deal of research. Our approach helps you overcome emotional eating, determine underlying issues that are holding you back from reaching your goals, or helping you find what motivates you to reach your goals.
Self Esteem Counseling
- self esteem counseling (self improvement, building self worth and self confidence, improving low self esteem). We use evidence-based therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy and brief solution-focused therapy when helping people improve self esteem. Gaining insights into how your self esteem has been damaged, along with developing the skills to increase and protect self esteem can help you to have a healthier perspective on who you are.
Trauma Support and Recovery Counseling
- trauma support and recovery (military veterans, survivors of domestic violence and other traumatic events). We have worked with many individuals and families who utilized victim's compensation to help pay for counseling, as well as clients paying out of pocket. Our counselors offer compassion as well as strategies to help you overcome traumatic events that are holding you back from a satisfied and successful life.
- addiction counseling our counselors work with people struggling with all different types of addictions including alcohol, prescription and other drugs, gambling, and sex addiction. We support an approach that surrounds a person with help - we work with you to strengthen your support systems, get involved with a 12 step program (if this is helpful, it isn't for everyone), develop healthy coping skills, as well as gaining insight into how the addiction developed for you.
How to Choose a Therapist
Our popular blog post on things to consider when you are choosing a new therapist.
Latest Blog Post
Our latest blog post:
Follow our blog to get an email when a new post appears!
Our counselors work by appointment, and most appointments are between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Each of us occasionally make appointments outside of these hours if circumstances allow. One of our counselors works weekends as well.
Our fee is $100 per 50 minute session. EMDR sessions typically are 75-90 minutes in length and are $150 per session. We take cash, check, or major credit cards. There are a limited number of sliding scale fee slots available; if this is something you need please ask your counselor for more information.
At this time, we are not "in network" with any insurance carriers. We can offer you a receipt with all the appropriate codes, which allows you to submit a claim yourself.
We do not bill insurance companies directly and we are happy to discuss our reasons for this with you in more detail; essentially we prefer to maintain as much confidentiality as we can in caring for our clients - billing an insurance company directly may require that we share more information about your care than you are comfortable with, and may have unexpected consequences.
Our Services, Philosophy, and Approach to Counseling/Therapy
Each counselor offers mental health counseling services for individuals (including teens), couples, and families.
We provide therapy for many
different types of challenges, the list at the left includes many but not
all. Feel free to click on a topic of interest for more
information. There are also a number of documents you can download on coping skills, communication skills and more. If you don't see what you're interested in, please contact us, we are happy to answer questions and discuss your situation to help you decide what is best for you. Yes, really! If you only want an opinion or help on how to go forward or services available, we do not mind!
Being comfortable with a counselor is the most
important part of
making counseling a success for you. We strive to have each person we talk to feel that they are getting compassionate and non-judgmental support
at LifePaths. Three things guide us in helping you
to overcome the issues that have
brought you here: building resilience,
improving your own sense of
well-being, and bringing positive change to your life. We
will work together to discover:
strategies towards improvement
- Practical skills
for coping with and managing life
events and stressful situations
- Insight into
yourself and the past, present, and future of your life
- And most
important, we work very hard to help you restore your natural sense of
hope, balance, and peace of mind
We are often asked: "What is the difference between a counselor and a therapist?" Or, "What is the difference between counseling and therapy?" In mental health the terms counseling, therapy, and psychotherapy are used interchangably, as are the terms counselor, therapist, and psychotherapist. Our disclosure form will give you details on each counselor's credentials as well as a description of what these credentials mean. You are also welcome to call or email with any questions about this and we are happy to answer any questions you have.
All content on this website and associated pages created by