Caregiver Stress CounselingSkilled counselors help with caregiver stress, burnout and fatigue.
Caregiver Stress Information at LifePaths Counseling Center
Caring for an elderly or ill family member for an extended period brings a number of stressful issues into one’s life.
Some Causes of Caregiver Stress, Fatigue, and Burnout Include:
- Lack of proper sleep
- Physical strain of lifting or moving your family member
- Grief associated with the family member’s loss of capabilities or impending death
- Guilt associated with past family issues, inability to maintain continued care at home, etc.
- Lack of support from other family members
- Financial strain
- Uncertainty in coping with dementia or Alzheimer’s symptoms
Any one of these is difficult enough to cope with, let alone many of them when you are caring for an ill or elderly family member. The fatigue and burnout can create internal conflict with how much you care about this person and want to help them. Our counselors can help you navigate this difficult and overwhelming time.
Counseling is one of the ways you can obtain support in your role as a caregiver. We can provide you with tools to cope with the issues listed above. It is also worthwhile to investigate other areas of support such as respite care or housing/financial assistance.