Caregiver Stress CounselingStress, fatigue and burnout counseling for caregivers.
Caregiver Stress Information at LifePaths Counseling Center
Caring for an elderly or ill family member for an extended period brings a number of stressful issues into one’s life.
Some Signs of Caregiver Stress, Fatigue, and Burnout Include:
- Lack of Proper Sleep
- Physical strain of lifting or moving your family member
- Grief associated with the family member’s loss of capabilities or impending death
- Guilt associated with past family issues, inability to maintain continued care at home, etc.
- Lack of support from other family members
- Financial Strain
- Uncertainty in coping with dementia or Alzheimer’s symptoms
Counseling therapy is one of the ways you can obtain support in your role as a caregiver. I can provide you with tools to cope with the issues listed above.
Additional support for caregivers at the following links may be of interest to you:
– Elderlink Home Care – provides hourly and live-in caregivers