Toxic Relationship/Narcissist Support Group – Boundaries of Steel
January, 2021 groups are full! We are now accepting requests to join groups beginning in late March, 2021.
This toxic relationship/narcissist support group is for people who are in a relationship with a person with narcissistic or toxic qualities, or who have been in the past. We hope to help you strengthen your self and your relationship skills, and we’ve called it Boundaries of Steel. That is possibly the most important skill you need – strong boundaries.
Along with talking about all kinds of things related to boundaries, we discuss topics such as:
- Healthy versus unhealthy relationships
- Attachment styles
- Family of origin issues
- Understanding, forgiving, and healing your self
- Manipulation “techniques” (and why they do that)
- Covert narcissism
- How it got like this, and how to keep from getting in a similar relationship again
- Grief – the loss of what the relationship should have been, among other losses
- Healing trauma bonds
- Realistic expectations for the future if you stay in this relationship
You’ll be part of a group of people who have had similar experiences, who will be able to support you the best anyone can, because they will have true knowledge of what you are or have been experiencing.
You’ll learn valuable skills, both from the counselor and from each other, as well as sharing your own skills and knowledge.
Please join us!
Please click here to submit a request to join, we will schedule an intake meeting to discuss the details of the group and determine whether it is a good fit for you. We welcome these requests at any time: day, night, weekend, or holiday. We usually respond to these requests Monday through Thursday though, during usual business hours, so there could be a delay in getting a response from us. If you don’t hear from any of us within 48 business hours, something went wrong and we would appreciate it if you would contact us again!
Groups are conducted by either Traci Hart (Licensed Professional Counselor), Cathy Wilson (Licensed Professional Counselor and the LifePaths Director), and at times additional groups may be added that are provided by one of our other counselors.
Groups meet weekly at the LifePaths Littleton location for six weeks. (Note: temporarily on TeleHealth due to COVID-19). Group days/times:
- Wednesdays, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Start date: Next available group start dates are planned for March, 2021 – these will be via TeleHealth to start with the option to potentially switch to in person meetings after the group has begun.
Location: TeleHealth and/or 6901 S. Pierce St., Littleton, CO 80128 – Suite 350
- $30 – Intake (initial appointment to gather information about your situation and be sure group will be a good fit for you)
- $10 – Materials fee for the book used as our workbook titled, Boundaries of Steel: A Workbook for Managing and Recovering from Toxic Relationships
- $50 for each one and a half hour weekly group session
Requirements: You must remain active in individual counseling during your attendance with the group and we ask that you commit to attend at least five of the group sessions.
Please get in touch soon – groups are filling up quickly!
Forms for Boundaries of Steel Group with Traci Hart
At some point in the future, we plan to offer two and a half hour workshops on various topics from the Boundaries of Steel workshop. If you are unable to commit to the six week workshop for some reason, you may still be able to gain information and healing that you need by attending workshops.
At this time, we do not have a next planned date for a workshop, but it will be at either the Southglenn or the Koelbel Library. It will be $75 and the topic that evening will be Forms of Manipulation and How To Respond. If you can’t join a group, we hope you join us at one of these workshops!